From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:13:31
1 On Tuesday 06 December 2005 11:17, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 23:06 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > Okay, new suggestion.
4 > >
5 > > Postpone the cache rewrite from above. Have only the minimal mods
6 > > necessary to fix the PORT_LOGDIR/tee bug. Include the other two as is.
7 > > That would be 2.0.54 as per the attached patch. Get that out soon and get
8 > > trunk out masked at around the same time. As soon as 2.0.54 goes stable
9 > > put trunk into ~arch. However, instead of ~arch meaning "regression fixes
10 > > only" we could just limit it to "minor changes only" (ie. no big
11 > > refactorings, rewrites or similar high risk changes) until it is time to
12 > > stable it.
13 >
14 > I think it would be wise to reconsider the cache fixes. I know you have
15 > been away from irc for a while now and have missed the daily events,
16 > but most of the people we have interacted with are expecting the cache
17 > updates in .54 (alot of people complaining about the hanging at 50%)
18
19 Call me wrong, but I'm feeling that the constant pulling and pushing on IRC
20 causes many misjudgements.
23 Jason Stubbs
24 --
25 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list