From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Signing off patches
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 19:45:08
1 On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 08:22:31PM +0100, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:18:39 -0800 W. Trevor King wrote:
3 > > I'm all for recording suggested conventions in DEVELOPING, but I
4 > > don't think it's worth the trouble to over-specify the conditions
5 > > under which each tag should be used, or to lay out consequences
6 > > for cases where they're forgotten. The faith part is trusting
7 > > devs to understand and apply the written suggestions, not in
8 > > determining what the suggestions are.
9 >
10 > Which brings me back to my very first words of this sub thread:
11 >
12 > Either someone cares about the background of a patch or he/she
13 > doesn't.
14
15 That's certainly true. My initial impression was that you were
16 against suggesting these conventions in DEVELOPING. Perhaps I
17 missunderstood.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Trevor