From: ender <ender@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] getting access to portage-ng source
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:07:14
1 On Aug 15, 2004, at 8:00 AM, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2
3 > Apologies if this was received already
6 > On Monday 09 August 2004 02:44, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
7 >> i wanted to try out some of the portageng and portage modifications
8 >> that
9 >> are being done in gentoo cvs..
10 >
11 > May I ask what are your plans are? I don't wish to be intrusive, but
12 > it's not
13 > quite just yet ready widespread testing (=breaking and many reports of
14 > what I
15 > already know).
16
17 i was interested in working on the system, as it looked to me to be the
18 first real attempt at putting a useable api ontop of portage. and i
19 have some interest in using it for some projects instead of continuing
20 with something homebrewed. iotw. no i wasnt planning on installing it
21 and bitching about how it broke my system ;-)
22
23 >> however its not clear how these can be accessed.. namely i'd like to
24 >> do
25 >> anonymous checkout of
26 >> http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/portage-mod/?root=gentoo-src
27 >
28 > The standard way would be to grab each file, but if you visit
29 > #gentoo-portage
30 > on irc.freenode.net, I might be able to help you further.
31 >
32 the download one file at a time is pretty lame, i'll be on the channel
33 (seems deserted) for the next few days.
34
35 > By the way, I prefer to not think of it as portage-ng. There is
36 > nothing new in
37 > most of it and way more code than I wanted there to be. As soon as I
38 > can
39 > proove (to myself to begin with) that what I have changed works, it'll
40 > be
41 > reintegrated with portage proper.
42
43 understood... just calling it like i saw it
44
45 thanks,
46
47 -kapil