From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [Patch] Repoman rewrite stage2 modularization conversion complete
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 06:53:41
1 On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:28:51 -0800
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:40:08 -0800
5 > Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I have now pushed a fully rebased, properly sequenced commit
8 > > history to the repoman branch. To be honest I think all the
9 > > rebasing, re-testing took as much time as the initial conversion
10 > > and testing. Anyway, I consider the branch now ready for final
11 > > review. Since there are a total of 45 commits. I am not sending
12 > > them to the list at this time. They are available for review via
13 > > the repoman branch at
14 > >
15 > > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/portage.git/log/?h=repoman
16 > >
17 > > https://github.com/gentoo/portage/commits/repoman
18 > >
19 > > or github pull request for commit order convienience
20 > >
21 > > https://github.com/gentoo/portage/pull/22
22 > >
23 > > But please try to follow our standard rules and reply with any
24 > > comments or code review to this email thread.
25 >
26 > OK, There are 2 test failures I need to fix. The patch to the plugin
27 > system seems to have broken emaint. Also there is one repoman test
28 > failure which is I think related to the metadata.dtd url change.
31 I've fixed and rebased in the emaint breakage.
32
33 As for the repoman test failure. The test data set up for test_simple
34 has None as the vcs type. When I added code to get past the
35 vcs_preserves_mtime check. It then fails for the ${VCS}changes file
36 and class.
37
38 So, it looks like I need to create a "None" vcs plugin. Then it will
39 handle all info/functions just like any of the real vcs types. This is
40 a side effect of spltting up the code from if cvs in ('foo', 'bar')...
41 code into self directing code for the vcs type.
45 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>