From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: vapier@g.o
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Bugzilla workflow
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:20:58
1 On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 04:10:20 -0500
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > i disagree. dev-portage@ get's cc-ed on bugs when they're being kept
5 > abreast of developments (like PMS), or someone just wants an
6 > opinion/feedback on an issue. so there's no way to differentiate
7 > between bugs that are assigned to the portage team and bugs where the
8 > portage team's opinion is being requested. i want a query for the
9 > former and i just rely on generated bugzilla e-mails for the latter.
10
11 We have a whole product that tracks the bugs as well as individual
12 components; as a query can be made for that, this forms no problem.
13
14 Whether Portage is CC-ed is out of this context.
15
16 > what's wrong with using the whiteboard ? it's a free text field and
17 > you can easily construct a query that produces exactly what you
18 > want. just stick in your username in there.
19
20 This is a very good idea; I think that I can also search the URL, we
21 could make it commonly known that if the URL or whiteboard respcetively
22 contains a patch or a name that we know the person works on it.
23