From: Johannes Fahrenkrug <jfa@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] emerge-webrsync patch
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:12:05
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm new to this list put I have been using Gentoo for several years.
4 Thank you for all the hard work you put into this beautiful distribution.
5 Since I'm behind a quite restrictive proxy at work, I have to frequently
6 use emerge-webrsync.
7 I looked at the script today and thought that 2 things might make
8 sense/be nice.
9
10 I put a "nice -n 19" in front of the tar, rsync and emerge metadata
11 commands because normally calling emerge-webrsync renders my box
12 unusable for 15 to 20 minutes. You still notice a difference when using
13 "nice" but everything seems to be at least noticably smoother than before.
14
15 The other change is that you can call emerge-webrsync with the "-q"
16 option to suppress the rsync output.
17
18 Please tell me what you think!
19