From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] The merge of emerde with emerge
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:24:10
1 On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 00:12 +0100, Alpt wrote:
2 > ~> Nope... In fact, I can change my USE and it will still output the same stuff
3 > ~> since it doesn't recompile anything. A bug, but it doesn't annoy me enough.
4 > ????
5 > In the current portage every time src_compile is called, econf is
6 > called, so ./configure is called again, and then make will start from
7 > the very first source!
8
9 A separate src_configure phase would be useful, at least for devs. It's
10 been requested, although transitioning the tree to using src_compile and
11 src_configure would be interesting.
12 ~brian
16 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list