From: Ashish Gawarikar <ashish@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Hello
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:59:29
1 Hello,
2
3 I just started using gentoo a few days back, and I have started to like
4 it immensly. I like the emerge/ebuild packaging system.
5 I had a question in regards to packaging, I am planning to include
6 multiple ebuilds into one big ebuild and when I emerge that big ebuild,
7 it should emerge all the packages it contains. For example:
8
9 dummy-1.0.0.ebuild contains
10
11 foo-1.0.0.ebuild and
12 bar-1.0.0.ebuild
13
14 I tried calling in the src_install of dummy-1.0.0.ebuild,
15 emerge foo-1.0.0.ebuild
16 but it gives access denied error saying trying to open_wr:
17 /var/log/emerge.log
18
19 Is there a way I can achieve what I am trying to do.
20
21 All the help is appreciated,
22
23 Thanks in advance,