From: Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage-ng requirements doc
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 02:00:47
1 On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 13:55, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > Here is a draft of what we are looking for for the comprehensive
3 > requirements document we need to develop. To help portage-ng
4 > development, please expand on this document and post your
5 > additions/improvements to this list. This doc will probably end up being
6 > 10-15 pages long...
7
8 The design specs should be completely standalone from the
9 implementation. That is, no language specific cruft in the specs.
10 This, so the user can (if he or she so chooses) rewrite Portage(-ng) on
11 their own in any capable language.
12
13 On a related thread, for the sake of a short dependency tree (both in
14 code length and number of packages needed) the chosen language should be
15 a major deciding factor when picking a language to implement the final
16 project in.
19 Regards,
20 -Lisa
21 <Vix ulla tam iniqua pax, quin bello vel aequissimo sit potior>