From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage-2.0.51_rc1 intermittent slowdowns
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 03:01:15
1 A couple of questions:
2
3 1) testing porthole with the new rc1 of portage. I have experienced
4 what seems to be one time slowdowns that end up with QA Notices printed
5 in portholes debug terminal. Once the QA notice seems to have been
6 printed once it does not re-occur if porthole is restarted and the steps
7 reproduced. Is this only a temporary thing untill the ebuilds are
8 updated. Or is this something I should look deeper into/ change how
9 porthole uses some of portages imported modules?
10
11 2) As the new portage will break existing porthole installations. Is
12 there an hoped for date for the new release so I can have an updated
13 porthole & ebuild ready?
14
15 Thanks
16 --