From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: r2424 - main/trunk/pym
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:14:47
1 On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 09:59:26AM -0500, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Woe is me when they report the bug and the code is just like
3 >
4 > writemsg("!!! Error portage sucks!")
5 > sys.exit()
6 >
7 > ....Great, that message probably isn't unique and now their problem
8 > could be in 5 different places in the code, and I get to guess where :/
9
10 Oh come on. The code occasionally uses magic exit values defined
11 (seemingly) randomly :)
12
13 Granted, that's fricking horrible legacy crap, but just mentioning it
14 since it's an alternate route for tracking where a puke occured.
15 ~harring