From: "neon (Luca)" <neon@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] how portage overrides CFLAGS?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:06:24
1 I'm writing a little script that recompiles packages with different
2 CFLAGS (from the ones in make.conf)
3 But there are some packages (like gcc) that keep overriding CFLAGS with
4 their own CFLAGS.
5 My question is: how can i individuate those packages? i want to filter them.
6 It's something related with "inherit flag-o-matic"? can i ignore ebuilds
7 wich contain this line or some of them don't override CFLAGS? gcc's
8 ebuild hasn't flag-o-matic but it overrides CFLAGS.
9 now i'm controlling /var/db/pkg/pack-cat/pack-name/INHERITED and if it
10 contains flag-o-matic i filter the package but i'm not sure this is the
11 good way.
12
13 any suggestions?
14