From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: "gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] !!! You have no world file.
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:20:37
1 On Tue, 2015-10-20 at 10:52 +0200, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > On 16/10/15 22:25, Zac Medico wrote:
3 > > I think we can drop this warning. It's not like people's world
4 > > files just disappear unexpectedly, so the warning seems unnecessary
5 > > to me. When in doubt, people should use --pretend or --ask anyway,
6 > > and emerge --depclean already suggests this (except with --quiet).
7 > I'm not so sure. It's a kind reminder. Seems useful if you're SSH-ing
8
9 It is not a kind reminder, it is a really scary message.
10
11 > into a system you rarely use. What about the "You have no system list"
12 > warning -- should that go too then?
13
14 depends, I figured @system was mandatory so that one should stay.
17 > IMO, this is removing a simple solution to a GOTCHA for no real benefit.
18
19 People like me should not have to see this every time one do --depclean
20 or just users on a customized gentoo gets really scared and starts calling IT
21 claiming there is something wrong with their gentoo.
24 > As is, it might be a bit too noisy/intrusive though.
25
26 Yes, keep under debug flag instead?