From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Updated portage-ng requirements doc
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:34:43
1 On Saturday 29 November 2003 13:28, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > On Saturday 29 November 2003 12:47, Daniel Robbins wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > Attach is a much-improved portage-ng requirements doc (about 7x more
6 > > verbose than the previous one...)
7 >
8 > Would a list of required functionality (without any implementation details)
9 > be part of this document as well? It seems to me that such information
10 > would be useful at the commencement of the design phase.
11
12 I've taken the liberty of writing up all the requests for basic functionility
13 that I can think of and put it into the attached file. I haven't completed
14 the "enterprise/cluster management" section yet as it's far past bed-time. I
15 ask that others can comment and expand/revise this document, after which it
16 can enhance the brief second paragraph of Daniel's system-spec.
17
18 In light of the architectural requirements, I attempted to write functional
19 requirements that aren't tied to any other piece of functionality. While I
20 haven't stated it in the document, the intention is to make it easier to
21 descern points of separation of functional components when it comes time to
22 actually do the design - yeah I know, jumping the gun.
23
24 Anyway, constructive comments are always appreciated.
25
26 Regards,
27 Jason Stubbs

portage-functional-reqs text/plain