From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] dispatch-conf
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:38:42
1 Dear all,
2 Is dispatch-conf still "barely-maintained", meaning that nobody is
3 really all that familiar with the code? Agriffis has suggested that we
4 split dispatch-conf out of portage and either put it into gentoolkit or
5 make it its own package, and see if we can get some help
6 with maintaining it. Apparently there's a symlink problem w/
7 dispatch-conf (that etc-update doesn't have) that's going to cause some
8 real pain for baselayout upgrades when people get a new net.lo, but
9 net.eth0 will have the content of the _old_ net.lo instead of being a
10 symlink to net.lo.
11
12 Best,
13 g2boojum
14 --
15 Grant Goodyear
16 Gentoo Developer
17 g2boojum@g.o
18 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
19 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76