From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: a suggestion about einfo messages
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:48:26
1 On Wed, July 21, 2004 4:30 pm, Joel Konkle-Parker said:
2 > Michael Kohl wrote:
3 >> They are stored in the emerge logs:
4 >>
5 >> # PORT_LOGDIR is the location where portage will store all the logs it
6 >> # creates from each individual merge. They are stored as YYMMDD-$PF.log
7 >> PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/emerge/
8 >
9 > What logs are these? I have a default setup, and the only log I see is
10 > /var/log/emerge.log, which doesn't contain any einfo or ewarn messages
11 > whatsoever.
14 uncomment PORT_LOGDIR in your make.conf
15
16 then emerge something
17
18 then youll get a /var/log/portage/*-packages*.log containing what they are
19 talking about
23 Joseph Booker
24 joe @ irc.neoturbine.net
25 jj110888 @ irc.freenode.net