From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Dynamic USE dependencies
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 16:13:02
1 On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > One suggestion around this problem would be to use different
3 > directories for these two types of use-flags, say
4 > "package.use" and "package.use.needed".
5
6 I still think we need a better long-term solution, but the workaround
7 is simpler than that.
8
9 I try to keep files in directories for package.keywords and
10 package.use. One starts with a z and is a dumping ground for
11 auto-whatever. The other files are where I try to remember to store
12 personal preferences. So, in theory at any time I can wipe the z-file
13 and run emerge and watch it wrestle with re-creating it.
14
15 However, I think a cleaner solution would be better...
18 Rich