From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Atom matching behavior
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:38:51
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Monday 31 July 2006 18:48, Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > Should be discussed on -dev, not here imo;
4 >
5 > why ? short term we're gaining functionality:
6 > simply add .*
7
8 Just making sure that I understand you... Given the original example
9 atom of =foo-1.2*, which currently matches "foo-1.2", and his objection
10 that =foo-1.2.* does _not_ match "foo-1.2", you're suggesting that the
11 matching engine be modified such that =foo-1.2.* _will_ match "foo-1.2".
12 Does that sound about right?
13
14 > if we want to go long term and cut #*, then we can chat on gentoo-dev
15
16 Is that from a development version, or have I missed something? I can't
17 seem to find atoms with the hash prefix anywhere.
20 Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability
21 to learn from the experience of others, are also
22 remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
23 -- Douglas Adams