From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: RFC: emerge manpage options categorization
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 13:48:29
1 Alexander Berntsen posted on Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:25:31 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > On 12/03/15 03:19, Duncan wrote:
4 >> Comments?
5 > Sure. Patches welcome.
6
7 LOL. I was expecting that[1]. =:^)
8
9 While I don't know the (presumably) roff markup I've seen in the manpage
10 patches, it'd definitely be useful to learn (and it seems a more
11 realistic goal than say learning C), and I'm not opposed to doing so and
12 then doing the work myself.
13
14 However, particularly since I /would/ have to learn the markup before
15 actually coming up with the patches, it's still worth an RFC before-hand,
16 to see if it's worth the trouble. If people are wedded to the current
17 layout...
18
19 Presumably if it is judged to be worth pursuing, the debate on what
20 precise sections to use, and whether the all-options section should be
21 split to its own manpage, can continue while I work on learning the
22 markup.
23
24 ---
25 [1] ... and privately speculating on how long it'd take to get that
26 response.
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman