From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Managing etc/* in an embbeded system
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:45:20
1 On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:27:36 +0000
2 Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se> wrote:
3
4 > We got an embedded gentoo system where we need to manage many conf
5 > files under /etc that we have modified and should be under our
6 > control when an SW upgrade is performed.
7 >
8 > Cloning every ebuild where we have modified its conf file(s)
9 > under /etc feels awkward so I am looking for some other way to do
10 > this automatically during SW upgrade and I figured this can not be an
11 > unique problem for us, so I wonder how other people have solved this
12 > problem? Our customers will not use emerge directly and we will
13 > provide binary pkgs.
14 >
15 > Any ideas welcome :)
16 >
17 > Jocke
18
19 I see you've been getting good responses to your gentoo-dev copy of
20 this email... :)
21
22 We have nothing extra to offer. As was stated, portage was not
23 designed for speciality config management.
26 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>