From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] vdb-update script (for global updates) with job progress framework
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:02:50
1 On Tuesday 28 February 2006 15:28, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I've been working on a script for doing global updates on packages
5 > installed in the vdb (related to bug 122089). It's called vdb-update [1]
6 > and it does basically the same thing as fixpackages but it works on
7 > installed packages instead of binary packages.
8 >
9 > vdb-update has the beginnings of a job progress framework that portage can
10 > use to run various time consuming tasks, display progress, and interrupt
11 > tasks when necessary. When vdb-update and fixpackages are ready, I'd like
12 > to make both of them into emaint modules.
13 >
14 > In order to run the script, you will need at least revision 2801 of
15 > portage, so I have made an svn snapshot and ebuild available [2] for the
16 > convenience of anyone who would like to try it. Your feedback on
17 > vdb-update (in it's unfinished state) would be appreciated.
18 >
19 > Zac
20 >
21 > [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/branches/2.1/bin/vdb-update.py