From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] custom profiles?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:12:35
1 On 03/16/2015 09:31 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2015-03-15 at 16:37 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 2015-03-14 at 14:02 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> You can set default USE flags in the profile, and then the users can override those settings locally
6 >>> (both
7 >>> positively and negatively). You should not be using use.mask at all here. The profile can set USE="-flag"
8 >>> in make.defaults, or in packages.use, and the user can override that without having to mess with use.mask.
9 >>
10 >> That is how I started, I added -thin etc. to profile's package.use and it didn't work so I moved over
11 >> to package.mask.
12 >> Now when I try with -thin again in profile's package.use it actually works!
13 >> I have no idea what got wrong the first time.
14 >> Anyhow, thank you for your patience. I will continue moving over all Transmode stuff to our new profile the
15 >> next few days :)
16 >
17 > hmm, spoke too fast. Negative USE flags in profiles package.use works on other
18 > computers but mine :-(
19 >
20 > I have in profiles package.use:
21 > app-emulation/qemu usb usbredir vde qemu_user_targets_x86_64 xattr virtfs static-user -alsa -pulseaudio -bluetooth -opengl
22 > but on my computer the -USE flags(-alsa -pulseaudio -bluetooth -opengl) have no effect.
23 > I have been looking high and low what could case this but no luck, any pointers ?
24
25 Maybe you have overridden the default USE_ORDER setting? You can use
26 this command to check it:
27
28 portageq envvar USE_ORDER
31 Thanks,