From: "Butterworth
To: "gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage dev documentation?
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 19:04:23
1 Can anyone tell me if there's documentation that thoroughly outlines how
2 portage works? This includes how it interacts with rsync and a mirror.
3 I've found user guides but I want to know about the architecture setup of
4 the software distribution system as well as what's going on in Portage under
5 the hood. My end-goal is to understand both the security strengths and
6 weaknesses of Portage.
10 I figure the devs would know best. I'll gladly read all the documentation -
11 assuming I can find it. I've been Googling around quite a bit but it's
12 still a jigsaw puzzle to me.
16 Thanks,
17
18 -John