From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage API
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:59:28
1 Hi all,
2
3 Most will know that I worked on and mostly completed an API for portage and
4 that I've had it to throw it away due to being directly counter to portage's
5 future goals. Thus, an API has been pushed back to the release following
6 2.0.51. So, what I need is a list of things that are required of portage from
7 a client application writer's perspective.
8
9 A couple of goals for the API:
10
11 * Loose enough to not inhibit portage's direction
12 * Light enough that it is easy to maintain
13 * Simple enough that the way to do things is obvious
14 * Minimilist enough that there is only one way to do things
15
16 So, let the suggestions roll. :)
17
18 Regards,