From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] xattr wrapper for install, bug #465000
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:55:51
1 On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 23:43:53 -0500 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Sunday, January 26, 2014 17:53:44 Anthony G. Basile wrote:
4 [snip]
5 >> > 2) We may want to install it at /usr/bin/install-xattr
6 >> > because I'm sure it will be useful for more than just portage.
7 >>
8 >> if that's the case, then i don't think it belongs in portage. make
9 >> it a sep package that portage will just depend on.
10 >> -mike
11 >
12 > Yes, I agree, make it a separate pkg. That way it is useful for other
13 > pkgs and utilities. I am doing the same for several other small
14 > utility libs to avoid copy/pasting the same code over and over again.
15
16 I took a crack at this:
17
18 https://github.com/gmt/xattr-install