From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] REVDEP-REBUILD and emerge default options
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:38:00
1 On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 20:04 +0200, Arthur D. wrote:
2 > > I am very much against allowing EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS in revdep-rebuild
3 > > since I went through hell trying to support it when it was first added
4 > > as a feature to portage and I really don't want to go through that
5 > > again.
6 >
7 > Paul, there's good option to filter _only_ safe options from
8 > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS and
9 > pass them to emerge. If you don't like to maintain it alone, I will help
10 > you.
11 > Just forward all tickets connected to EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS to me. Deal?
12
13 The biggest issue is determining that EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS is the
14 problem. Anyhow, I'm looking at it to see what can be done.
15
16 Regards,
17 Paul