From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Does 2.1 retain eclass info in binpkgs?
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 19:06:30
1 I'm doing some testing of the latest eselect-compiler for eradicator,
2 involving merging and unmerging gcc. He has made some recent changes to
3 toolchain.eclass that are supposed to help it work with eselect-compiler,
4 and that's what I'm trying to test. Obviously, gcc is a rather huge
5 package to go thru the entire merge every time just to test a bit of the
6 post-merge compiler selection script, and AFAIK, while the ebuild is
7 stored with the binpkg, and both the ebuild and dependent classes are
8 stored in the merged package database, merging a binpkg still uses the
9 current in-tree eclasses. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.
10
11 Is that a true summation or does portage 2.1 now retain build-time eclasses
12 in the binpkg, rather than using those in the tree, when merging the
13 binpkg?
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
21 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list