From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] state of GPG-signing in portage
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 05:32:48
1 On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 05:49:10 +0100
2 Marcel Meyer <meyerm@××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I'm wondering if the GPG-signing feature within portage is already
7 > useable (if I recall correctly it was startet 2004 or 2005?). If yes,
8 > how can I use it correctly and where to get the gpg-key "securely"?
9 > The URLs I found by googling do no longer exist :-(
10
11 "signing" (with limited coverage) is usable and used on a wide scale for
12 years now, but as that only matters to ebuild devs I think you're more
13 interested in "verification", and that's not usable at all (and before
14 you ask, there is no ETA about it).
15
16 Marius
17 --