From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] relying on vdb only
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:48:03
1 Hi,
2
3 reading comments on bug 209538, I've seen this dangerous thing from Zac:
4
5 "Once these issues are solved it will be nice if we can rely exclusively
6 on the dependencies from /var/db/pkg."
7
8 Well, the idea that devs will have to revbump packages just for RDEPEND
9 version restrictions so that portage picks it freaks me :)
10
11 Then there's: "I do have a tool that copies metadata from ebuilds but
12 I'd prefer to avoid doing anything like that if possible."
13
14 So maybe it's time to discuss what's possible? :)
15 If that discussion already happens/happened elsewhere, then sorry for
16 noise and please point me there :)
17
18 Thanks,
19 Caster