From: Perry Smith <pedzsan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage on AIX
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:17:55
1 Hi,
2
3 I don't use Gentoo but I bumped into Portage on a recent quest. Long story short, I'd like to try and port it to AIX. I'm writing this list to see if you think that is possible or not.
4
5 I have lots of AIX experience and lots of experience getting open source pages to compile and run on AIX. What I need is exactly what Portage appears to offer -- a way to easily track and understand compile time and run time dependancies.
6
7 If you think it is possible, I'd love to hear any advice you might have on what docs to read and maybe what needs to be done first, etc.
8
9 Thank you for your time,
10 Perry