From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Help needed while installing KDE for gentoo
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:02:39
1 Rajat Gujral wrote:
2 > Hi ,
3 >
4 > I have downloaded image (Kernel-2.6.12-gentoo-r6) for x86 architecture
5 > from the gentoo website and complied the gentoo kernel for pentium 3
6 > processor (coppermine). But while emering portages for gentoo, after
7 > compilation of KDE portage my computer hangs permanentally and nothing
8 > more is done after that. Everytime when i restart my computer and
9 > emerge KDE, it starts compilation from the same point . Also i keep
10 > getting DMA_INTR errors sometimes while installion . I have tried using
11 > -c option with mke2fs but the errors still keep coming . Is it because
12 > of that . Can anyone please help me and suggest what would be causing
13 > this problem and how can i carry on with the installation.
14 >
15 > I was facing some compiler problem (i368 VS i686 ) which then was
16 > resolved by using fix_lib_tools . Is there something that i maybe
17 > missing as this is the first time i am installing gentoo.
18
19 This isn't even close to the correct mailing list for this. You should try the
20 gentoo-user mailing list. Also, it sounds like you're having hardware issues.
23 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
24 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
25 --
26 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list