From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] secpass=1 and wheel
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 13:57:24
1 # Portage has 3 security levels that depend on the uid and gid of the main
2 # process and are assigned according to the following table:
3 #
4 # Privileges secpass uid gid
5 # normal 0 any any
6 # group 1 any portage_gid
7 # super 2 0 any
8 #
9 # If the "wheel" group does not exist then wheelgid falls back to 0.
10 # If the "portage" group does not exist then portage_uid falls back to
11 wheelgid.
12
13 if uid==0:
14 secpass=2
15 try:
16 wheelgid=grp.getgrnam("wheel")[2]
17 if (not secpass) and (wheelgid in os.getgroups()):
18 secpass=1
19
20 secpass=1 is for being in the portage group...what difference does wheel make?
21
22 fex, permissions on /usr/portage/distfiles are
23
24 drwxrwsr-x 4 root portage 20480 May 12 10:56 /usr/portage/distfiles/
25
26 so with secpass 1 I should be able to fetch, but can't because I'm in wheel
27 and not portage.
30 So I send this mail with the question "am I missing something?"
31
32 -Alec
33 --
34 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list