From: Gregorio Guidi <g.guidi@×××.it>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Current portage well designed, but badly used
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:37:09
1 On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:22:07 -0800, Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
2
3 > If you're referencing the nice long pause after sync'ing, that's
4 > transfer of the cache from ${PORTDIR}/metadata/cache to
5 > /var/cache/edb/dep/${PORTDIR}; that's been speed up also. Potentially
6 > might have that pause eliminated also, although that would require
7 > ensuring the tree is readonly- that's another can of worms.
8
9 I was just thinkng about that, and I could not fully understand this point.
10 Could you explain a bit more?
11
12 Thanks
13 Gregorio