From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Current portage well designed, but badly used
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:39:13
1 On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 20:13, Gustavo Barbieri wrote:
2 > From goals.txt I'm not sure about the modularisation section, but I
3 > can help with process management. A friend and I are playing with
4 > depedency solving to help improve boot speed (there is a bugreport in
5 > bugs.gentoo.org) our goal is to have a working C code to solve the
6 > boot process dependencies, but we can try to make it general enough
7 > and then write a python wrapper over it. Right now we have a working
8 > prototype in python:
9 > http://ltc08.ic.unicamp.br/~gustavo/pboot/parallel_6.py
10 You'd probably want to talk to the baselayout peeps; how will this
11 differ from the existing rc_parallel_startup?
12 Aside from being c based rather then bash that is....
13 ~brian
17 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list