From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC/PATCH] repoman: unroll escaped lines so we can check the entirety of it
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 18:11:51
1 On Thursday 24 May 2012 06:27:36 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > ( I had assumed that the forced 80 char text width was something that
3 > was enforced by policy and wasn't game to try bucking the curve )
4 >
5 > If there is no such policy, and a forced text-wrap at 80 characters is
6 > not needed, I would love for that setting to be removed.
7
8 there is no policy dictating line length. but certainly lines that are 200+
9 chars should get wrapped ...
10
11 as for changing the vim settings, you'll have to file a request with the vim
12 maintainer.
13 -mike