From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] IUSE_DEFAULTS-v0.1
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:29:42
1 On Tuesday 14 February 2006 21:44, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > IUSE- eapi bump it, I pushed for the var for exactly crap like this ;)
4 > >
5 > > The only (imo) reason to add the USE_ORDER chunks is because users use
6 > > -* to castrate auto-use; auto-use is dead in 2.1, so the main reason
7 > > for using -* is gone.
8 > >
9 > > So... really worth adding another chunk of metadata for this?
10 >
11 > Well that problem would be, no one wants to modify everything in
12 > app-portage/ :). If my portage EAPI is 1, but my tools don't support
13 > processing +- in IUSE, how does EAPI help me here? The support check is
14 > only for portage_const, so the tool remains <sensored>. Unless I'm
15 > missing something.
16
17 Nah, Brian's right. Tools need to follow. Backwards compatibility isn't so
18 important there. The important thing is that portage keeps on living.
21 Jason Stubbs
22 --
23 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list