From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] multiple kernel driver emerges
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 07:14:00
1 A problem that I (and others) have is portage unmerging kernel drivers
2 from an existing kernel when emerging them to a new kernel.
3 ala
4
5 emerge nvidia-kernel
6 emerge alsa-driver
7
8 unmerges the driver from your current kernel before you have a known
9 good new kernel.
10
11 Is there a current method for doing so that I missed? If not could an
12 additional protected flag be set to prevent unmerging if the kernel
13 version is different than the last emerge of the driver, similar to the
14 slot #?
15
16 it would make life a lot easier for noobs & non experts to work out
17 kerenel configs without messing up a working kernel.
18
19 --
20 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
21