From: "Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo)" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: User created package lists
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:16:39
1 On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:50:00 -0600
2 MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Add the capability for emerge to take a category as an argument,
5
6 # (cd ${PORTDIR_OVERLAY} && emerge -pv <category>/*)
7
8 > Then the user can create overlays with their own category names and
9 > symlink in the package directories they want from the real portage
10 > tree.
11
12 This won't work, I think, since depend atoms include the category name
13 so if one package in the new category depends on another one, it will
14 use the standard category rather than the symlinked one in the new
15 category.
16
17 However with regards the original question about adding '--list
18 <file>' to emerge, you can of course to package lists yourself anyway
19 as portage exists today. Just create a file with a list of atoms in
20 it, and do for example:
21
22 # cat <file> | xargs emerge -puv
23
24 Doesn't get much easier than that - perhaps I'm missing something :)
27 Kevin F. Quinn