From: tvali <qtvali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] DB and binary dependency
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:29:24
1 On 24/03/06, Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
2 ...
3
4 is there any good text about sonames and other unix-specific things i
5 should know about headers and including?
8 > Paul
9 >
10 > ps.
11 >
12 > > Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is
13 > > when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine
14 > > theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
15 >
16 > Practice without theory is when something seems to work. Until you change
17 > the environment, after which things fail spectecularly.
18
19 This was just a quote and a bit a joke, but not so much (as really
20 everything hangs and does not do exactly what it should and really
21 noone knows why) ...but on the same time, i agree with you, i "hate"
22 all those practical people who never have enough time to think a bit
23 about what they are doing, espesially to do some generalization ;)
24
25 > --
26 > Paul de Vrieze
27 > Gentoo Developer
28 > Mail: pauldv@g.o
29 > Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net
32 tvali
33
34 If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my
35 axe. -Abraham Lincoln
38 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list