From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Remove and upgrade in ebuild
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:47:52
1 On Friday 26 November 2004 13:45, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Friday 26 November 2004 10:01, Andrea Carpani wrote:
3 > > Hi everybody, I'm writing a custom ebuild and I'd like some actions
4 > > to be taken only when a package is removed from my system.
5 > > At first I thought that pkg_postrm was the answer, but I discovered
6 > > that the function is also executed during an upgrade when the older
7 > > version is removed.
8 > > I can't check has_version because at "pkg_postrm" time the package
9 > > I'm removing seems still registered.
10 >
11 > What about
12 > if has_version \<$PF || has_version \>$PF; then
13 > fi
14 >
15 > btw. What kind of action would that be?
16
17 You could also just check whether a file that your package provides
18 exists. Just remember to use the ROOT variable
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze
24 Gentoo Developer