From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>, gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Feature Request: making thirdpartymirrors easier to manage
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 19:16:05
1 On 10 January 2014 17:58, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 > Just to be clear, what is the exact use case for this? I can't think
5 > of a really good reason to manipulate mirror lists in subsequent repos.
8 For Perl, in ::gentoo , its considered not too optimal to have backpan
9 listed as a mirror, and its unnesscary, as ::gentoo gets to mirror
10 everything on cpan anyway, so that there's no problem when upstream delete
11 the version gentoo is using from cpan.
12
13 But in the overlay, we don't have the luxury of a mirror, so we have
14 backpan listed as a mirror for when cpan deletes a release.
15
16 diff <( grep cpan
17 /var/paludis/repositories/perl-git/profiles/thirdpartymirrors ) <( grep
18 cpan /usr/portage/profiles/thirdpartymirrors )
19 1c1
20 < cpan http://search.cpan.org/CPAN http://cpan.hexten.net/
21 http://cpan.cpantesters.org http://www.cpan.org http://backpan.perl.org
22 ---
23 > cpan http://search.cpan.org/CPAN http://www.cpan.org
24
25 So here, it would be nicer if we could simply specify new mirrors instead
26 of having to override the whole thing.
29 Kent