From: Sandy McArthur <sandymac@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] RFE: adding optional freshmeat id to metadata.xml
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:36:32
1 If this is the wrong place let me know.
2
3 How about adding an optional freshmeat tag to the metadata.xml that
4 could be used to robustly link the package with the contents of
5 http://freshmeat.net/backend/ fm-projects.rdf (warning 72 meg file).
6 This could be used to enable http://packages.gentoo.org/ to be updated
7 with information on which packages had newer upstream releases since
8 package maintainers frequently announce releases with freshmeat. A link
9 to the freshmeat package page could be added which some users may find a
10 useful resource. Freshmeat tracks a lot of useful metadata that
11 package.gentoo.org can take advantage of like 'Development Status' which
12 is from 'alpha' to 'mature' and indicates what level of maturity the
13 package author thinks of her own work. Umm, links to screen shots or
14 demo sites, dependency information, the more I think about it the
15 possibly useful information that could be collected for free.
16
17 Sandy McArthur
21 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list