From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: does emerge verify arch compatibility when merging a binary package?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:36:49
1 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> posted 49EB3B9F.1050508@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:56:31 -0500:
3
4 > Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
5 >> E.G: would portage block an attempt to install a ppc binary on an
6 >> amd64?
7 >
8 > I believe it checks the CHOST in the binpkg and compares it against the
9 > configured CHOST for the system.
10
11 Doesn't it also still check keywording, at least on newer portage (I
12 guess it was hard-masking that it didn't used to check for binpkgs, I'm
13 not sure about keywording)? Of course it is possible to deliberately
14 confound the keywording check by setting an incorrect ACCEPT_KEYWORDS
15 globally or using package.keywords to do so by package.
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman