From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] proto-GLEPS for Tree-signing, take 2
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:42:48
1 So I'm not going to directly attach the GLEPs again this time, however
2 I am just going to link to them, and summarize the changes:
3
4 xx+1:
5 - Add mention of how to defeat the mirror replay attacks from Stork@UArizona.
6 - Clarify wording of the UNCOVERED=ALL-COVERED set math, and why it's
7 important (genone)
8 - Add a timestamp to the metamanifest.
9 - Mention that it can be implemented without the new Manifest2
10 filetypes.
11
12 xx+5:
13 - Update the exclusion lists.
14 - Exclusion list behavior during strict validation.
15 - Fix typos.
16
17 prototype/generate-metamanifest.py:
18 - Prototype of the MetaManifest generation.
19 - Doesn't sign yet, but does include the timestamp.
20 - Uses existing Manifest2 types.
21 - See header for existing runtime info - it's quite fast.
22
23 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/users/robbat2/tree-signing-gleps/
24
25 I'd like to ask for any comments to be in to me by July 14th 23:59UTC.
26 After that I'd like to post the GLEPs to the gentoo-dev mailing list.
29 Robin Hugh Johnson
30 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
31 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
32 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85