From: Lionel Orry <lionel.orry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage docbook documentation -> why not asciidoc ?
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:14:55
1 Dear all,
2
3 I just made a try to convert the portage documentation
4 (http://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/doc/) to asciidoc so that it
5 would be easier to maintain and with a standard layout and style that
6 is IMHO not bad and makes the doc easier to read. Are you interested?
7
8 I attach the asciidoc sources, a tiny makefile and an already
9 generated version in the 'portage.chunked' directory. All you need to
10 generate the doc is 'emerge asciidoc'.
11
12 The only issue I had was including several authors, so this part is
13 commented out. But if we stick to the docbook backend, we can include
14 a docinfo file that solves the problem.
15
16 Hope you'll find this useful...
17
18 Kind regards,
19 Lionel

portage_doc_asciidoc.tar.gz application/x-gzip