From: Lanza Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Lanza@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: R: [gentoo-portage-dev] manual uninstall
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:03:41
1 > portage maintains installed package information in /var/db/pkg/ -mike
2
3 Thanks, I will try this. If I delete the package info there, will
4 portage thing that the package is not installed, right?
5
6 > Er, manually meaning 'I want to delete anything it installed by hand'?
7 or 'I want to run the phases by hand'?
8 > Why doesn't emerge -C work for this case?
9
10 I teorically want to manually delete what makes portage think that the
11 package is installed, so that it will install it again.
12 I cannot issue a direct emerge command because catalyst does not support
13 it. I don't have emerge available, though catalyst uses it internally.
14 But it's not customizable.
15
16 > emerge <package> will reinstall it...
17
18 I need to achieve it without emerge.
19
20 Thanks.