From: Paul Bredbury <brebs@××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] has_version and built_with_use ignore package.provided
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:16:20
1 > There is a function built_with_use().
2 > That function reports whether something was built with or without a specific USE
3 > flag.
4 > The sentence above includes the fragment 'was built with or without'.
5 > So it was built.
6 > Uh, oh, but it wasn't built!!?!?
7 > -> Error
8
9 Your logic is flawed. This is what it should be:
10
11 The question is: "Was this package built, *with* a particular USE
12 flag?" (note my emphasis, to try to make things clearer.)
13
14 So, Python looks at the ebuild-installed packages. Not there. Next, it
15 looks at the package.provided packages. Let's assume the simpler case,
16 that it isn't there either. So, Python concludes, "Well, the package
17 hasn't been *built*, so it has not been built *with* any USE flags at
18 all. Therefore the answer is False.
19
20 If the question was to divide a number by zero, *then* I'd expect an
21 error to be raised.
24 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list