From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] dead emerge processes and/or lockfiles
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:07:29
1 I've read in several forum posts lately about emerge not running and
2 the problem comes down to dead emerge processes and remaining lockfiles.
3
4 Perhaps we should make an emaint module to search for and fix these.
5 It should be easy enough.
8 Quoting 2 posts from this forum thread:
9
10 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-885066.html?sid=95544407ed19693f2e5dcae094efd977
11
12 adamf663
13 n00b
14 n00b
17 Joined: 08 Mar 2007
20 PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:52 pm Post subject: a solution Reply with quote
21 I had something similar after messing around with the '--jobs' option. No emerge would run after that.
22 When I went to clear out /var/tmp/portage, I discovered a lockfile.
23 Ran lsof and found an orphaned emerge. Killed it and emerges started running properly again.
24 Back to top
25 View user's profile Send private message
26
27 ravloony
28 n00b
29 n00b
32 Joined: 04 Feb 2005
34 Location: France
35 PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:38 am Post subject: Re: a solution Reply with quote