From: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Feature request
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:20:24
1 On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 09:34:57AM -0500, Allen Parker wrote:
2 > I think it'd be a good idea for portage-ng to include better localization
3 > features (specifically relating to mirrors). I've recently been plagued with
4 > RESTRICT="nomirror" being set in recent mysql 4.0.x ebuilds causing my
5 > filefetching operations to take considerable amounts of time when they
6 > should actually be the fastest. (my example is 30kb/s from argentina instead
7 > of the regular 4Mb/s from gentoo.mirrors.pair.com)
8
9 portage-2.0.50 already has support several new files in /etc/portage, including a file to set local mirrors to override the nomirror restriction. There is no documentation for them yet though, search bugs.gentoo.org for "thirdpartymirrors" for a detailed explanation.
10
11 Marius
14 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list