From: Emma Strubell <emma.strubell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] search functionality in emerge
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:43:57
1 Thanks for the replies! I know there are a couple programs out there that
2 basically already do what I'm looking to do... Unfortunately I wasn't aware
3 of these pre-existing utilities until after I submitted my project proposal
4 to my professor. So, I'm looking to implement a better search myself.
5 Preferably by editing the existing portage code, not writing a separate
6 program. So if anyone can offer any help regarding the actual implementation
7 of search in portage, I would greatly appreciate it!
8
9 Or, if anyone has an idea for a more productive/useful project I could work
10 on relating to portage (about the same difficulty, preferably at least a
11 little bit data structure related), please, let me know! Thanks again guys,
12
13 Emma
14
15 On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Pacho Ramos <